Friday, October 2, 2009

BC vs. FSU - My Pick

This week, I have decided that I am going to give you guys a deeper look at my pick for the BC game. This weeks game, at home vs. FSU is a really confusing one to me, specifically because FSU has been so unpredictable this year. They played very well in a loss against a much improved Miami team, they then looked TERRIBLE while barely winning vs. a weak Jacksonville State team, then they proceeded to make one of the best BYU teams ever look like a FCS team and finally look brutal against South Florida. Who knows what is going to happen.

I personally, think it is going to be a very close game, especially now that the forecast calls for a 60%-80% chance of rain. The run games will be showcased and the team that can stop the run will probably win the game. That is one reason why I am kind of worried. BC's run defense has been alright, but it has been nothing special. However,I think the improvement we will see in Mike McLaughlin will really help out the Eagles.

All the hype around Gameday coming to Boston, and Mark Herzlich could help the Eagles come out flying and not let up all game or it could be a distraction, pump FSU and they Eagles could get blown out. There are too many variables for me in this game which is why I am not confident about this game at all.

Prediction: FSU 24, BC 21

0 Comments:

ESPN College Football Standings

<

ESPN College Football Scoreboard